Chicken Biryani comes in the form of modern Nepali Food. Biryani also refers to Bhat (Rice), but in spicy form. Biryani is very tasty. So Biryani is very popular in all over the world. Specially, the Biryani is very popular in the people of Muslim community in Nepal. In Kathmandu there is mosque near Ghantaghar, Every friday the numbers of Muslim people eat biryani in Bagbazar after coming back from mosque.
Here is the procedure to cook Chicken Biryani:
- One Kg chicken
- One hundred fifty gms chopped onions
- Two tbsp (table spoon) clarified butter
- One hundred ml curds
- 400 ml water
- 500 gms basmati or fine rice
- 5oo gms sliced onions
- 40 gms cashew nuts
- 25 gms raisins
- 1 tsp saffron
- 100 gms clarified butter for shallow frying
- 10 cardamons (powdered), to put on the rice layer
Grind all the ingredients given below:
- One tsp (tea spoon) cumin seeds
- Five green Chillies
- One tsp (tea spoon) caraway seeds
- 12 cloves
- 3 tbps (table spoon) coriander leaves
- Ten red Chillies
- 2 inch piece cinnamon
- 12 garlic flakes
- 15 pepper corns
Method of cooking Chicken Biryani:
Cut the chicken into small pieces. Apply curds and salt and keep for some time. Fry 150 gms chopped onions in clarified butter and add ground spices, chicken and 400 ml of water and cook till the gravy is quite thick and keep aside. Cook the rice and keep aside. Shallow fry the sliced onions in clarified butter until brown and crisp. Add saffron to 1 cup of cooked rice and keep aside. Fry cashew nuts and raisins separately in the same oil in which the onions were fried.
In a serving dish, put a layer of prepared chicken. Cover with a layer of cooked rice. Add some colored rice, powdered cardamons, cashew nuts, raisins and crisp fried onions. Continue with the same layer and finish off with layer of crisp fried onions, cashew nuts and raisins.
- CHICKEN PULAO In urban area of the Nepal Chicken Pulao has become...
- Nepali Dal Bhat Recipe Dal Bhat is authentic Nepali food preferred by almost all...
- Dal Bhat Dal Bhat is a typical or traditional Nepali food or...
- How to Cook Nepali food? Nepali food is very easy to cook and digest. As...
- Nepali Momo Recipe Nepali Food Momo is the famous Nepali food, basically in...