Nepal, this part of world holds diversity in natural beauty and spectacular geographical structure. Extraordinary ranging topographic from lowland to sub-tropical jungle to arctic climate of higher land. Trapezoidal shape Nepal, has 800 kilometers length, 200 kilometers with area of 147,181 square kilometer lies between latitudes 26° and 31°N, and longitudes 80°and 89°E. Nepal is divided into three part according to physical geographic area: mountain, hilly and terai. This physiographic structure have introduced different National Parks, Wildlife area reserve, Conservation Area and hunting reserve in Nepal.
List of National parks, Wild life reserve, Conservation area and hunting reserve are highlighted below:
Nepal National Parks Information:
- Chitwan National Park: Chitwan National Park is the first national park of the country. It covers an area of 932 km2 and is located in lowlands of south-central Nepal in the Chitwan District. Chitwan National Park is one of Nepal’s most popular tourist destinations. There are several lodges inside the national park with soothing hospitality and accommodation, they have package for jeep safaris,rafting tours and guided jungle walks with elephant ride.
- Sagarmatha National Park: Sagarmatha National Park lies in the Himalayas of eastern Nepal. It covers the southern half of Mount Everest. Sagarmatha National Park is inscribe as Natural World Heritage Site in 1979. The park covers an area of 1,148 km2 in the Solukhumbu District and ranges in elevation from 2,845 m at Jorsalle to 8,848 m at the peak of Mount Everest. Most of the people who visit Everest for trekking are the visitor of this phenomenal beauty of Everest National Park.
- Bardia National Park: Bardiya National Park is a protected area in Nepal, it was established in 1988. Bardia National Park cover an area of 968 km2, it is the largest and most undisturbed wilderness area in Nepal, boarding the eastern bank of the Karnali River in the Bardiya District. Tourist lodging within the park is at a tented camp on the banks of the Karnali River. There are also lodges just outside the park at Chitkaiya.
- Lantang National Park: Langtang National Park is situated in the Central Himalaya, it is the nearest park to Kathmandu. Langtang National Park covers area from 32 km2 north of Kathmandu to the Nepal-China border. The Langtang Valley is the most visited park and for those who do not wants t do camping , lodging and fooding is available there.
- Rara National Park: Rara National Park lies in the Himalayas of Nepal, it was established in 1976. It covers an area of 106 km2 in the Mugu and Dolpa districts, it is the country’s smallest national park. Its main center of attraction is Rara Lake at an altitude of 2,990 meters. The park was established to protect the unique flora and fauna of the Humla-Jumla Region of Nepal. Due to its low accommodation, lacking health post and difficult way result few tourist. Rara is not a tourist destination.
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park: Shey Phoksundo National Park is the largest and only trans-Himalayan National Park in Nepal. Shey Phoksundo National park covers an area of 3,555 km2 in the districts of Dolpa and Mugu in the northwestern part of the country. The major goals of the recreation area are to retain the exclusive trans-Himalayan environment with its common Tibetan kind of plants and to secure vulnerable varieties such as the snowfall leopard and musk deer.
- Khaptad National Park: Khaptad National Park is located in the Far-Western Region of Nepal. It is stretching over the four districts of Bajhang, Bajura, Achham and Doti. Khaptad National Park covers an area of 225 km2 and displays an altitude of 3,300 m . The adventurous area protects a exclusive environment of the mid-mountain area of Western Nepaland is located at around 3000 m level. The upland is a moving level with grasslands intermixed with oak and coniferous jungles.
- Makalu National Park: Makalu Barun National park is situated at the Himalayas of Nepal and was established in 1992 as southern expansion of the Sagarmatha Nationwide Recreation place. Protecting an place of 1,500 km2 in the zones of Solukhumbu and Sankhuwasabha it is the only secured place with an level obtain of more than 8,000 m attaching exotic natrual enviroment as well as snow-capped mountains.
- Shivapuri National Park: Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park young National park of Nepal and was established in 2002. It is located in the country’s mid-hills on the northern periphery of the Kathmandu Valley and named after Shivapuri Peak of 2,732 m altitude. It covers an area of 159 km2 in the districts of Kathmandu, Nuwakot and Sindhupalchowk, neighboring 23 Village Development Committees.
Nepal Wild Reserves:
- Koshi Tappu Wild Reserve: The Koshi Tappu Wild Reserve is a secured place in the Terai of southern Nepal protecting 175 km2 of esturine habitat in the Sunsari, Saptari and Udayapur Zones. In elevation it varies from 75 to 81 meters and includes comprehensive mudflats, reed mattresses, and water wetlands in the floodplain of the Sapta Kosi Stream. It was established in 1976.
- Parsa Wild Reserve: Parsa Wild Reserve is a secured place in the Inner Terai lowlands of south-central Nepal. Established twenty six years ago, it protects an place of 499 km2 in the Parsa, Makwanpur and Bara zones and is the biggest wildlife reserve in the nation. In elevation it varies from 435 meters to 950 meters in the Siwalik Mountains.
- Shuklaphanta Wild Reserve: Sukla Phanta Wild Reserve is a secured area in the Terai of the Far-Western Area, Nepal, covering 305 km2 of start grassland, jungles, riverbeds and exotic esturine habitat at an elevation of 174 to 1,386 meters. It was gazetted in 1973 as Elegant Sukla Phanta Wildlife Reserve. A little sector of the reserve expands northern of the East-West Freeway to make a arena for periodic migration of wildlife into the Sivalik Mountains.
Nepal Conversations areas:
- Annapurna Conservation Area: The Annapurna Conservation Area is Nepal’s biggest secured area covering 7,629 km2 in the Annapurna variety of the Himalayas across the Manang, Ford mustang, Kaski, Myagdi, and Lamjung zones. Areas varies in elevation from 790 m to the optimum of Annapurna I at 8,091 m.
- Manaslu Conservation Area: The Manaslu Conservation Area is a secured area in Nepal. Established in 1998 it covers1,663 km2 in theMansiri Himal variety of the Himalayas in the Gorkha District. It is a traditional establishing to encounter breath taking Hill characteristics and lifestyle. The conservation area begins at 6oom and is protected by the eight maximum optimum in the world MT Manaslu at 8,613 m.
- Kachanjunga Conservation Area: Just underneath the rising Hill Kanchanjunga (8586 m), can be found the Kachanjunga Conservation Area. Propagate in a place of 2035 sq. km, areas is made up of downhill lawn areas, rugged outcrops, heavy moderate and sub-tropical jungles, and low stream valleys with the Kanchanjunga as its top.
Nepal Hunting Reserve
- Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve: The Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve is the only hunting reserve in Nepal. Established in 1987, Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve covers an area of 1,325 km2 in the Dhaulagiri Himal of european Nepal in the Rukum, Myagdi and Baglung Zones. In elevation it varies from 2,850 to 5,500 m. The only hunting source in the nation to meet the hunting needs of Nepalese and international hunter of red lambs and other game animals.
- Rara National Park Rara national park is a sheltered area in the mountain...
- Hunting In Nepal Hunting In Nepal is quite interesting. It seems inappropriate or weird...
- Jungle Safari in Nepal A trip to Nepal is incomplete if it has not been on...
- Chitwan National Park Chitwan National Park is declared as the first nation parks...
- Jungle Safari in Chitwan National Park Most of the visitors traveling across the southern plain of...