There is diversity in race, language, culture and religion in Nepal. The cultural effects can be seen even in Nepali food. There are still so many conservative Nepali people in rural area of Nepal. Some races has forbidden to have pork, whereas eating chicken, buff, beef is strictly prohibited in some races. Gurung people do not eat pork. Buff items are very essential in Newar, but Brahman people do not eat Buff items. Most of the Brahman are vegetarian in Nepal. However, veggies items are always common in all the communities. Similarly, some people have habit to have veg food. Nevertheless, in Kathmandu almost all the food items are accepted due to modernization or the effect of western culture.
Here is how we can make Vegetable Pulao:
- Two cups rice
- Hundred gms carots
- Hundred gms peas
- Hundred gms french beans
- 150 gms onions
- 4 cups of veg stock made of 2 veg cubes
- Six cloves
- 6 cardamoms
- One inch piece cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (tea spoon) turmeric powder
- Oil 5 tsp
- Hundred gms tomato
- Salt to taste
Method of cooking Vegetable Pulao:
Fry chopped onions in oil until light brown, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, blanched and chopped tomatoes and fry too. Add vegetable stock, french beans and carrots cut into small cubes, peas, turmeric powder and salt.
when it comes to a boil add rice and cook until done.
- CHICKEN PULAO In urban area of the Nepal Chicken Pulao has become...
- Dal Bhat Dal Bhat is a typical or traditional Nepali food or...
- Nepali Food Momo Nepali food momo is very popular in Nepali food items....
- Nepali Food Nepali food indicates to cuisines of Nepal. As we know...
- Chicken Biryani Chicken Biryani comes in the form of modern Nepali Food....